So there I was, just a few days old and totally stylin with my wings and my chipper expression and my lovely green system hair. I was so proud of having changed the textures on my clothes. Clearly I had yet to hit the mainland and realize just what shopping would mean to me.
And with that, off we go to our Strawberry Singh meme of the week:10 SL firsts 😀
1. First SL Friend: Rather than one person in particular, my first real SL friends were a little group of people at Kannonji Zen Retreat, these days a couple of them aren’t really in SL anymore, but we’ve still kept in touch.
2. 3. 4. First SL Kiss, First SLex time/place/partner, First SL Partner/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Wife/Husband: I grouped these because I never went the romance route – I joined SL with my RL husband so no romance for us haha! Although I do think his av is a cutie, and I’m absolutely madly in love with his alt that I kidnapped and made over, so I have to make him hop on poseballs for cute pics whenever I can. Evil giggles.
5. First SL Job: I never sought out a job in SL. That would have made it too much like RL, going in world was to relax and have fun.
6. First SL Creation: omg. Creating anything is one of the things I love more than almost anything else, so I started trying to make things almost immediately, probably before I ever left Help Island. I’m not really sure what it was but I know I tried to make hair for myself very early on – (it was a rather horrifying pony tail style and it’s actually still in my inventory lol) as well as random items of home decor. I remember one of the first blogs I was devoted to following was Natalia Zelmanov’s Mermaid Diaries. Whenever she’d have a tutorial on how to make something I’d have to give it a try too!
7. First Encounter with a Linden: After six years I still don’t think I’ve ever met a Linden, or seen one in the wild. When I had a store one or twice I’d see that a Linden bought something, which I thought was cool, but they never appeared when I was there.
8. First Encounter with a SLebrity: I’m presuming this means well known bloggers or designers, or entertainers. On occasion when I’m out shopping I’ll see someones name that I recognize from a blog, but I don’t think I’ve ever really talked with any big name SLers.
9. First SL Sim you fell in love with: It wasn’t a full sim, but the Quiet and the Far Away was one of the first places I really fell in love with.
10. First SL Blog Post: I didn’t start blogging till very recently, but here is my first Flickr upload, in Nov 2007…