Today I’ve just been enjoying my little office and feeling cute, which is, of course, my main purpose in SL 😀
But meanwhile, today’s blog meme is about names. This will be an easy one to answer, at the same time this one that reminds me that I’ve never fully bonded with my avatar’s name… or rather, I like it but I soon realized that it’s not as uncommon as I’d like. I always envied the people who came up with the creative names, the ones who managed to get a really cool play on words, or the ones that were just really unique and beautiful.
As always, thank you Strawberry Singh for the meme! 🙂
- What’s your SL name? Ravensong Merlin
- What made you choose this name? I am sad to say I didn’t give it nearly enough thought when I joined, because I really didn’t think I’d stick with SL at all. Ravensong is a derivative of a username my husband had when we met, and it seemed suitably name-like, Merlin just seemed like a good enough choice at the time. When my hub joined a couple days later I was so upset when he picked a different surname than me (the absolute nerve!)
- What’s your SL nickname, or what do most people call you? (if applicable) Occasionally it is shortened to Raven.
- What’s your SL display name? Why do you choose to have one? (if applicable) Ravensong… I changed it when display names were turned on just to see how it would turn out. I’ve never really thought about it since then.
- Do you like your SL name? As I said, I’ve never really bonded with it… Ravensong is pretty and I’d like to use it elsewhere too, but it is always already taken whenever I try to sign up on any other service, and Raven is really common. Nevertheless, I’m content. I do wish I’d spent more time looking at the last names and picked one I felt more in tune with.
- If you could change your SL name, what would it be? Well, I guess we can really change it up anytime we want to, with the display names… but I have no idea what I’d change to, when I made my alt I gave her the first name I wished I’d given my main (tho I’m not terribly fond of her last name either.) After hub and I wandered into an event one day and a friend greeted us with “Here come the Writer-Merlins!” I have debated putting my last name back in the display name and hyphenating it with my hub’s just for kicks. I rather liked the order she put them in too.
- What’s the craziest/funniest SL name you’ve ever seen? I can’t think of one offhand. Lots of cute, funny names out there.
- What’s the coolest (your favorite) SL name you’ve ever seen? Chosen Few, AM Radio – I know there are others I’ve seen or heard over the years that made me think Darn it! Why couldn’t I come up with a cool name like that?
Now I think I’ll just sit back and enjoy some coffee and check out everybody else’s answers!