This week the Strawberry Singh blog meme for Monday is short and easy, it’s about our inventory. I always think mine is out of control, but I have a feeling it’s really not too bad. I recently went through and deleted all of the aging demos I’d been holding on to forever, which dropped it down by a couple thousand items. I think that was safe, pretty sure at this point I’m not going to go back through demo hair from 2008 and dash off to see if it’s still available for sale…
I’m not quite sure what items make up the bulk of my inventory, it’s not organized well enough for me to be completely happy, but I make do. I have a feeling there are a few hundred notecards from group notices that I just haven’t got around to purging, tons of landmarks, many of which are probably old and expired, and many more that are duplicated a dozen or more times. You’d also find multiple copies of any object I’ve rezzed that is copyable, because I tend to always take things back into inventory, even if it’s already in my inventory three or four times. And objects. Lots of objects.
The only sections of my inventory that are organized and (more or less) under control are my clothing and hair folders. I have a habit of getting attached to a few designers and sticking with them for a long time, which means it’s much easier to sort the items into sub folders for stores. I mostly just buy mesh now, but I still see no reason to get rid of my layer clothes because I still wear my favorite things a lot, particularly the jeans. I love mesh tops, but sometimes I don’t want to wear pants by the same store for that outfit, and designs from another store might not fit well under the top, so back to my trusty old fashioned layer pants.
On to the meme!
1. What is your current inventory number? – 24,359.
2. If you had to delete your whole inventory and could only keep one thing, what would it be? – Well, obviously this is not a single object, but I surround & select all whenever I take it in or out of inventory, so it is a single consolidated object, so that counts, yes? This is definitely my favorite inventory item…
This was a replica of my college radio station, I built this with some help from my hub back in 2007/8 so I could take pics of it for a reunion. Everything in here is just basic prims (except the twisty sculpt phone cord) and nearly all the textures were taken from scanned photos that my fellow alumni had from back in the day, so lots of it is fuzzy and faded. This was done entirely for fun so I wasn’t too worried if it didn’t look like a perfect build, and I’m still pretty proud that 95% of the things I tossed in were things we made ourselves to look as much like the old photos as possible. For the record only one person was familiar with SL, so everyone else just thought this was just done in some kind of art program. Which, the way I often use SL, isn’t too far off really. Every now and then I pull it out of inventory and fiddle with the decor and take new pictures. I did that back in February when we had use of a friend’s homestead for a few days so I could go prim crazy 😀
3. What is the last thing you purchased? – I went on a spree at the Cold Logic summer sale, so several things from that, including the top and shorts in the pics at the beginning and below. This was clearly one of those days when I dressed my avvie in the exact same sort of style I wear in RL. Actually that seems to happen pretty much all the time with Ravensong, even if I have some sort of fantasy elven look going it would probably still be something I’d totally wear if I were able to put it together for the Renaissance Fair. But most of the time in SL and RL I’m going to look a lot like this. (Okay, admittedly my SL size sliders are in a much better place than the RL ones ;))
4. Which item do you wear most often? – A wedding ring set, it’s pretty much a permanent accessory. I made a matching one for me and the hub early on when I was all excited that I’d learned how to make tiny prims, now it just seems odd if I forget to attach it after an outfit change. I don’t have Slink hands so I don’t have to worry about whether or not I could still wear my ring if I tried to use them.
5. When you search for the word penis, how many items pop up? (NO LYING!) – Pop up, eh? Hmm… >:D None, actually. Not even under the various euphemisms, lol.