My involuntary vacation from SL has made me very sad this month. It never fails to amaze me how when I can’t do something it makes it a thousand times more appealing. That’s certainly been the case with Second Life lately, if I had easy access I’d take it for granted and put off logging in. Can’t explore at all? Massive withdrawal, especially since I really wanted to go to Skin Fair. *Pauses to cry a bit.* I’ve been wondering if I might still be able to visit on this machine if I set draw distance to 32, turn all the eye candy off, and cross my fingers and hope really hard…
Oh well. Since I couldn’t manage a brand new pic for Strawberry Singh’s Monday Meme about dancing I’ve gone back in time and found one of my older shots that I’d always liked, mostly because it was just a fun memory. We didn’t dance too often, but it was a good bet if we were involved in any sort of a couples dance I was trying to take pics of us because we were so darn cute. I always loved to watch our avs dance. ♥︎
So, while I wait hopefully for my chance to get back in world, I’ll answer Berry’s questions about dancing in Second Life. This is fun too. 🙂
- Which dance are you sharing in the image/video and where is it from? The pic is from 2010 and I couldn’t begin to guess for sure what the animation was, it was in the dance machine at the venue.
- Which is your favorite dance in Second Life? – I don’t really have favorites because it’s been too long since I’ve taken a look at new animations. I always loved the Bits & Bobs slow dances. The only dances I know for sure that I have in inventory are some of the old dances for tinies from Abranimations.
- What are your favorite dance animation stores in Second Life? – I’m way behind the times when it comes to what’s currently out there. I’m taking notes from everybody else’s posts this week. After watching several of the videos people have made I’m thinking I may go on a dance buying spree when I am able to get back in world again… I just loved watching everybody’s videos! You’re all so cute and creative! Now I want to find something so I can dance too!
- Are you a frequent dancer in Second Life? – Not really. We never went out specifically to go dancing, but if we were at a show we’d use whatever dances were available at the venue. My hub had bought a couple of dances for us, I think there is a salsa in his inventory. He also had some sort of multi person thing where he could lead a bunch of avatars in a sort of walking line dance… I forget what it’s called now. I remember one evening he just wandered around dancing until he’d managed to collect the maximum amount of avs and led us all leaping back and forth around the sim. It was awesome!
- Are you a frequent dancer in the real world? – I haven’t gone out dancing in clubs since college, but I dance around the house when I’m alone, and I can’t sit still so I dance around in my chair when I listen to music at my desk, and I will bounce around in the car when a good song comes on. And there were several occasions when we parked our avatars on dance balls while listening to a show, then slow danced in RL.
That was truly the best of both worlds.