This past Monday at Strawberry Singh’s blog, Edie Sedgwick brought us a new meme for the week:
Your challenge this week is to imagine your own avatar demise. Choose a sim, a pose, and wardrobe. Snap a photo of your avatar corpse and blog it! And of course, add your link in the comments below so we can all grieve over the loss of someone so beautiful.
I would never kill off any of my avatars in the sense of deleting them, but I was very tempted to retire Ravensong after my husband died because bringing her in world without him felt too lonely. I did put her into semi retirement for a while, and let her take some time off while I used a different account for a few months until it felt right to bring her back. Now I don’t think I would ever retire her for good, but if did for some reason it just seems logical she’d return as a zombie.
- What would you eat for your last meal? I think I would have something from Chipotle. Zombie Raven says any avatar that doesn’t run fast enough is fair game.
- Where do dead avatars go? Well, today Zombie Raven thought a stroll on the pier would be fun. And she had to stop and take a selfie, of course.
- Have you ever been to a cemetery in SL? No, and right now I’m not sure I could bring myself to. I’m still taking baby steps to deal with my own loss, seeing the emotional losses of others would be hard to bear.
- What would you like them to do at your avatar wake? I don’t think any of my avs would require a wake, they’d just quietly transition to their next stage of existence.
- What would you like it to say on your avatar tombstone? “Watch out, I’m right behind you.” }:D
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? When they move away. Usually if you are losing touch with people nearby it’s because you’ve begun to grow apart and don’t have a lot in common anymore.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Zombie Raven will just hang out and wait for her friends to turn.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Sometimes we have to do things we don’t enjoy a lot because we need a paycheck, and we don’t do as many things as we’d like because we can’t afford it.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Hang in there, kid. And watch out for zombies.
- What color is your underwear? Underwear?